You can settle up with anyone in your group by making a payment directly through the Kin app. When making a payment for the first time, you'll be prompted to add your card details as a first step.
Once added, we'll store your card details securely, and the next time you make a payment, you can just select the stored card that you'd like to pay from.
TIP: You can only pay someone once they've successfully added their bank details. If they haven't added it, you can nudge them from the Settle screen.
Making a payment and adding your card details
- From the Settle screen, select the Pay button below the person that you'd like to pay.
- On the next screen, select Make Payment.
- You'll navigate to a confirmation screen, where you can still edit the amount you'd like to pay. Select Next.
NOTE: The person you're paying will receive the fund in 2 working days. The payment will be listed as 'Kin' on your card statement. 3% (R3.00) or a minimum R10.00 service fee. The fee is covered by Kin in the Alpha version of the app.
- As an added security layer, you'll be asked to choose a PIN.
- If you're making a payment for the first time, you'll be prompted to enter your credit or debit card details. Toggle Store payment details for future use to on if you'd like to use this card to make payments in future.
- If you've stored card details before and want to make a payment using that card, just select it from STORED PAYMENT METHODS. You'll be prompted to enter your 3 digit Security Code or CVV. Once entered, select Pay.
- You'll be guided through your card issuing bank's 3D Secure process.
- Once authorised, the payment will be authorised in real time, and if successful, you'll see a payment successful confirmation screen.
Deleting your card details
- From the main screen, select the profile settings icon top left.
- On the profile settings screen, select the arrow > to the right of Manage payment cards.
- To delete a previously stored card, simple select the trash bin icon to the right of the card that you'd like to delete.
NOTE: If you delete your card details, you won't be able to undo the delete. If you'd like to re-add them, you can do so again by following the steps above.